Why do I need an invitation?
The Fifth World presents an open source shared universe, so members have enormous power to change the setting we’ve all worked so hard on. Many people have a hard time really understanding the blend of neotribal, ecotopian, animist realist, post-apocalyptic, and mundane science fiction elements that go into the Fifth World. We want to make sure that the people who get to drive the project forward really understand and appreciate the vision behind it. Fortunately, as an open source project, you don’t need permission or help from us to get started. Start making something, then show us what you made and the site administrators will send you an invitation.
How can I get an invitation?
- Support our Patreon campaign (we’ll also give you the Patron achievement)
- Play the tabletop roleplaying game and send us a playtest report
- Become active in our Google+ community
- Start posting about the Fifth World on Twitter with the #fifthworld hashtag
- Start posting about the Fifth World on Tumblr with the #the fifth world hashtag
- Write a story set in the Fifth World, publish it, and tell us about it (we’ll also give you the Storyteller achievement)
- Create some art for the Fifth World, publish it, and tell us about it
- Start blogging about the Fifth World
The list goes on… If you’ve done something creative with the Fifth World, tell us about it so we can invite you to join us!